Sunday, February 1, 2009

Junior year... Part 2

I haven't blogged in a really long time....mostly because this semester has turned out to be much crazier than I expected. I feel like I have a 40-hour a week job right now...I go to class in the morning and usually stay in the REDC until I finish all of the homework I need to do for the next couple of days. Usually I get back to my room at about 5 or 6, then the evening activities begin. Monday nights are Bible study, tuesday nights are worship practice, wednesday nights are a tau beta nu and a dobbins meeting, thursday nights are chapter fellowship/worship, and friday nights are finally when the weekend begins. My time with friends outside of my major has been decreased dramatically, and I have caught myself not finding time to eat either lunch or dinner at least a few days a week. Healthy, right? At least I have been able to sleep soundly every night. I now understand why Kiesel was falling asleep standing up and in snowbanks her junior year. She chose food, I chose sleep. There's not enough time for both.

I should buy a lunchbox.

Despite the craziness, I am incredibly happy this semester. The fact that I have found the discipline to actually stay in the REDC for enough hours to finish my schoolwork before the evening begins is an absolute miracle. And I feel like I am doing well in my classes (so far). A lot of that is attributed to my study buddy, who also lives in the REDC and is able to find me, keep me on task, and come to visit professors with me when we both don't understand the work. He also has really beautiful eyes.

I also feel like I am more dependent on God this semester, frankly because I know I can't survive without His help. Taking some time out of the day to pray with friends is incredibly refreshing, and sets me up to be even more productive the rest of the day. It's crazy how that works. I love it :-)

The only thing I don't love is doing homework on weekends...none of the professors are around to help me figure out the homework. That is why I am blogging now instead of working... Anyone know how to detemine the rate of evaporation of liquid nitrogen in a tank as a result of heat transfer from the ambient air? Yeah I don't either.

Have a good day!

No comments: