Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Epic

Last night was epic. My 7 teammates (4 engineers, 3 finance majors) and I presented (wearing suits) our newly formed manufacturing company, Re-Mark Inc. to a panel of our professors and classmates. And we completely destroyed all of the questions that Dr. Roth and Dr. Filbeck threw at us. It was good. We totally might have gotten an A. :-)

Afterwards was team bonding at the Plymouth. I like the Plymouth because they have free popcorn, the rest of my group likes Plymouth because it was 25 cent draft night. Either way, we were happy. As 5 of us crammed around a teeny table, another group who had also presented that night came to meet us. Of course, the boy who I've had a crush on for almost a year sat right next to me, which is either a sign that he likes me or that it was just the only seat available. I always flirt with him, and after 2.5 tiny beers in the course of 2 hours (you don't get very much for 25 cents) I was much more flirty with him than normal (my alcohol tolerance = zero ... I also decided to stop drinking at that point so as not to regret any decisions that night). Something else also changed. Either he got more flirty with me, or I perceived him to get more flirty with me because of my almost-but-not-quite-intoxicated state. Not sure which ... but I'm pretty sure when I put my hand next to his on the table and reached out ever-so-slightly for his fingers, he reached back. He also seemed to feel it was necessary to get my attention by bumping his leg into mine rather than simply calling my name. One of the other boys at the table remarked that this boy should take a shot because I was taking one (but I wasn't...did he notice that this boy was taking an interest in me and would do it because he thought I would...or was it a simple lame form of peer pressure?). When I put my head on his shoulder to talk to him (he's much taller than me so this was very easy, and it was loud in there so almost necessary), he leaned in towards me to listen.

Of course once I left I dreamed about him, which is what ALWAYS happens, and woke up disappointed that he wasn't mine. I miss him. I won't get to see him again until...Tomorrow in class, or maybe tonight doing homework. Haha, how pathetic.

Why am I so chicken???

5 comments:

Toaster4JC said...

Did this one have a g/f last year? Do I know this boy? I love you! Good job on your presentation!

Moll moll said...

Amanda - Lol. No to the first question. Maybe to the second question (its entirely possible that you met, but probably not more than briefly once). I love you too! And thanks :-)

Deg said...

Good job on your presentation! I remember one of my senior design presentations ended with the professor saying, "I normally don't like to say this in front of the client, but..." (and I was totally expecting the worst) "...this is one of the best projects we have this year." I totally did a double take and it took all I had to keep from being shocked. Complements from a professor? Unheard of!

P.S. Don't forget that boys are pretty dense most of the time. We don't pick up on things easily. Just don't be too deliberate.

Toaster4JC said...

So I totally think I know who it is now. . . (judging by pictures I've seen.)

Moll moll said...

And Andrew, that wasn't even the senior design presentation! Senior design happened today :-) My nice clothes are getting a lot of use this semester...teehee.