I realize that my last post made some people slightly uncomfortable, and it seemed like I was attacking a few particular people. I didn't mean it to be that way at all (although after reading my comment on my own blog, it was pretty specific, which I didn't even realize I had written it that way...that was just one of many examples of my frustrations, and it came out in a meaner way than I intended). I'm sorry.
I meant to blog about the entire relationship phenomena, and how largely I am nowhere near the only single person who often feels this way. And that a lot of people are constantly desiring to be in a relationship only to avoid feeling left out by their relationship-ped friends, which I'm pretty sure is not a good reason to get into a relationship. And that if you are a person in a relationship, to pay a little bit more attention to your relationships outside of that one other person...they deserve your attention too. And that their feelings do get hurt, and they can feel neglected just as much as (if not more than) your special someone. This is the way I have felt more than a few times the past two-ish years.
Regardless of what I meant and how it came out, that post was not up to the standards of what a Godly woman should be posting. I should not be complaining. I should be grateful for what I have, and I am. I wouldn't trade my friends for the world, and while I am often frustrated with some of the situations I find myself in, I still am always grateful to have them in my life.
Sorry, again. Thank you for bringing it up and making me look back on my post. And I deleted the rouge, mean comment ... it was unnecessary.
I think God is challenging me to be more real, honest, and humble with my relationships this semester. Oh, what a semester it will be. I have much to learn.
A Lighter Soul
11 years ago
2 comments:
Moll Moll.
I am so very blessed by your friendship! :) And, yes, we totally have to do things together more often - Snowtubing will be on the 26th or 27th on February :). See you tonight at bible study!
It's definitely a conundrum worth talking about. It can just be tough over the Interwebs since everyone reads text differently.
Just remember there's a season for everything and there are some great plans in the works for you!
Post a Comment