Sunday, October 27, 2013

A surprisingly awesome labor day weekend!

It took me forever to post about this.  I lost track of my blog for awhile, sorry guys.

Anyway, by now, you all know that this happened:






I was 100% completely surprised.  I mean, we've been dating for awhile and generally talked about marriage someday, but in my mind he was going to wait until Christmas (since he had already dragged his feet this long ;-)).

We were in Erie over Labor Day weekend.  We took our friend Jason along and planned it as a basically tourist-y weekend to show him around.  We went to Waldameer, Presque Isle, Steak n Shake, and all that awesome stuff.  This trip was planned months in advance.

He was super sweet and took me for a walk down to the beach at sunset (a totally normal thing for us to do, so suspicions still weren't high).  The day before, he had told Jason of his plans and planted him as our picture-taker.  We took the dog.  Walked around skipping rocks and generally put-sing around.   We sat down on a bench, then he and Jason kind of did a nod to each other.  I figured I'd be ruining some boy time, so I turned around and played with my phone.  When I turned back, I saw Jason holding up his phone in picture-taking stance, and thought that was weird (still, NO IDEA).  Then I continue turning and Dave is on his knee holding open a ring box.  He asked me to marry him, and I said "are you serious??"  About 3 times.  Sorry, Dave.  But then I said yes and life was exciting!

Anyway, we're getting married in March!  Yayy!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So happy to finally hear the engagement story! Congrats Molly! I'm so happy for you! :)

Unknown said...

So excited to finally hear the engagement story! Congrats Molly! So excited for you guys!

Amanda Wood said...

Aw Yay! A March wedding eh??? My parents and grandparents were both married in March. My grandparents will have been married 61 years and my parents 38.

Moll moll said...

Amanda - Yeah, timing-wise, March worked best for us :-). I don't like the cold and snow of December/January (what he wanted), and waiting until the summer felt like FOREVER. So, March it is :-).

Cool that you have lots of March weddings in your family too! I don't think I know anybody personally who was ever married in March, so that also means we get our anniversary all to ourselves.