Saturday, March 8, 2008

Here goes...

So, Megan tells me I have to get a blog of my own, and I have been fighting it off for the past few weeks. I mean, I gave up facebook for lent so that I would have more time to do other things...productive things...God things...sleep things...homework things, not so that I would have more time to write about my life for everyone to see. But the idea has grown on me, and here I sit. I suppose writing about things is a very good outlet. In high school I wrote poems when something was bothering me...haha. Yes, its very nerd-ish. But I did it, and it was grand :-)

It has been so long since I have done that, and I really miss writing. I don't get the chance to write very often. I mean, I am a mechanical engineering major... my teachers make me do calculus, not write papers. I think, since I've gone to college, I have written 9 papers. That is about as many as I wrote in my first 9 weeks in Mr. Lane's honors English class in 9th grade. The transition is weird, I went from writing practically a paper every week for four years to 9 total papers in 2 years. Strange. And though writing was never my favorite thing to do (I was quite glad to get out of literary boot camp), it always provided a bit of a stress-reliever. If I was having a bad day, I'd write things that would reflect that, and the stress went away (once the paper was finished, of course). I miss it. Though I have been forced to find other ways to relieve stress (climbing trees, anyone?), writing is good, so I'm going to try to get back into it. *Try* being the key word in that sentence, school tends to take over my life, but the occasional outburst in blog form will be spewed here.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it :-). Have a great night all!

No comments: