Saturday, May 24, 2008

Home sweet home

I've been home now for exactly a week...and it seems like forever has gone by. This time last week I was without a job, without a clue as to what I was going to do this summer, sad about being left behind in Erie, stressed out beyond all belief, and looking at a huge pile of suitcases that needed to be unpacked.

The second night I was home, I was able to spend some time with my closest friends from high school. Jason was back from Iraq. Nikki had gotten an A in physics. Alysabeth was finished with her first year of college, and the rest of us were just grateful that we survived another semester. So much has changed, and yet...so much was the same. We simply spent time together, catching up, watching sunsets, and playing catchphrase. Every one of them is someone I treasure, the joy that fills the room when I'm with them is incredible. My stomach hurt from laughing the next day. No lie. :-) I am incredibly blessed.

I have gotten a job since I've been back as well. I prayed and God told me on Thursday night to apply at GE, because my mother had been pestering me for months about it. I didn't believe they would have any spots open, especially this late, but I called my neighbor who works there, and asked him if I could still send in a resume. He said that chances were slim, but he'd put my resume into the system to see what happened. Well, 12 hours later, I had an email offering me a job for the summer as an intern!!! I was super bummed about the other camp jobs that fell through, but this feels so right right now. Maybe I wasn't meant to minister to children, but to use my crazy engineering-y skills to further His kingdom in that workplace. Ah, it's so relieving. God has helped me with a lot this week. It's been wonderful seeing Him work.

So, while I will be spending yet another summer in Erie, commuting half-an-hour to work every day, I believe it is the place that I belong. Sunsets on the beach are definitely my favorite thing EVER (I've seen 3 this week, teehee) and there is no better way to enjoy God's beautiful creation. I'm going to be able to learn some cool and interesting things at my job, get to know my fellow erie-ites better, and see my family as well. I'll even be able to visit my out-of-town friends on the weekends, who I already miss after only a week of being away (well, two weeks for some). Most of the friends I enjoyed sunset-watching with this past week will be far away by Monday, but I'm more at peace with that now than last week. This summer will be a new and challenging one, but I am excited about it :-). It seems as if God took a complete mess of last week and changed it into a completely organized, well-planned out summer. It's neat how He does that. The only kink is fitting in the family vacation with the internship...

It's crazy, even though I'm staying here, everything will be different.

Bring it on :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the job Molly!!!!

yup said...

hurray :)

Aeriale said...

Isn't it cool how God comes through? It still amazes me every time...

<3