So last night I scheduled for the fall. It's weird...this is the first time I really get to choose what I take (other than the occasional gen ed course...of which I have only taken 3 so far). And this time...I need to take special account of whether or not I'll be able to graduate with what I've scheduled. I don't want to end up like one of my friends and have to wait an extra semester because of one tiny missed international credit.
Provided I don't have to drop any classes (or fail them), I should be on schedule to graduate. I am tackling 2 more of my 6 gen ed credits next semester, leaving only one for the spring of next year. I am done with gym forever, and have all the pre-requisites for the 4 engineering courses I'm taking as well (provided I pass this semester...haha). I thought senior year was supposed to be easier than junior year, but based on this schedule we'll see how it pans out... although spring semester is looking awesome (only 12 credits in order to graduate!), with the exception of senior design, which is going to rule my life.
Here's my schedule. I even made it all colorful so it looks awesome. Below are descriptions of the classes I'm taking. Go ahead and read it if it's interesting to you...but if it's not you can go ahead and skip it ;-).
ME 408 (technical elective) - Energy systems with Dr. Zhou. This class focuses on "energy conversion systems," or converting one form of energy into another (ie. in cars...converting chemical energy from the fuel into mechanical energy that moves the car). I think it sounds pretty cool, although the seniors who have taken it say it's a LOT of work. Even Dr. Warley said it would be a lot of work, but he did add that Dr. Zhou is new and might change some things about it (hopefully make it easier). It's an elective, but it's required if I want to graduate in the Fluids and Thermal Sciences thematic...which I do. Fluids and Thermal Sciences = LOVE.
CAMS 004 (humanities AND international cultures elective) - Christian and Jewish Studies with Dr. Frankforter. It is what it sounds like, and one of my friends who took it last year enjoyed it a lot. I am excited about this class!
ME 468 (required) - Engineering for Manufacturing with Dr. Roth. This should be a good class. Dr. Roth's class is enjoyable this semester...except for the oral quizzes and ridiculously hard essay tests. That's okay though, he challenges me to think and I respect that. And he is hilarious.
Psych 100 (social sciences elective) - Introduction to Psychology with Richard Sekula. I haven't taken a psych class since high school, but it should be interesting. It's an introductory course...which hopefully means really easy!
ME 467 (technical elective) - Applied Finite Element Analysis with Dr. K. Basically, learning how to use Ansys for solid modelling and simulations and such, and the background of where the math came from. I'm excited about it, it's super useful skill, and it's exciting to me when computers do things because I told it to... especially when it involves the pretty colors of Ansys.
ME 448 (required) - Senior Design with Dr. Lasher. That's right. Senior design, um, senior design... I am officially registered for this class. The awesome part is that it'll take the WHOLE YEAR to complete.
-Note: If you actually click on this link, it'll tell you that it's only required for the Behrend engineering program...while all these other classes have been offered at University Park as well. It makes me feel special, since the actual course descriptions all come from UP. Reason number 2342984 why Behrend is better.
There you have it! Depending on how fast other classes fill up and if I change my mind about the direction of my life between now and August, ME 467 may be swapped out for a BioEngineering class. Who knows where the Lord may lead me :-). Maybe I'll just drop out and live in a van down by the river.
A Lighter Soul
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment