Sunday, June 28, 2009

Senior Design

Senior Design is upon me. Weird to think, that when I was a freshman I thought it would never come. I would watch my senior friends work on their projects and pray that I was ready when the time came for me to do mine. Well, the time's here, and I'm totally not ready. I feel like I have homework in the summer, too, which is unfortunate. We were supposed to have a group by June 1st, a project by July 1st, and a faculty advisor by August 1st. These are all tentative dates, and they're really flexible about it, but if you don't hit those milestones you are behind. We hit the first one okay...I have a group, we are all ready to work with each other. Except its so much harder to stay in contact with them when we're not constantly in the REDC. The second goal isn't coming quite as easily as the first. Right now we have a few prospects for a project, and hopefully Andy will talk to Dr. Wu about a project on Tuesday and get that finalized, but it's kind of stressful. This project deterimines whether or not I graduate. Picking a project topic is the hardest part...because we will have to live with it for the entire YEAR. It's REEALLYYY important that we all like it. And the fact that the economy is bad doesn't help at all, because industry people don't have as much work to do, and don't have anything extra to give to a bunch of clueless college students. It shall be interesting. Hopefully we'll be able to get something with the Barber Center, which would be awesome.

Oh, and my job is pretty sweet :-).

And I was just in the REDC printing something off, and I discovered that some of the engineering labs have dual screens, and some have widescreens! How sweet is that? Although that means that the dual screen lab is going to become similar to the one the business students have...a haven for people playing video games and doing homework at the same time. Oh well. The administration finally remembered they have engineers shoved in the little basement!

1 comment:

Toaster4JC said...

I will be praying for you as you start your senior year! You will do great, as long as you keep trusting Jesus. John 15:5
"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."

Just keep that in mind as you start to get stressed!