Lesson learned: don't buy a car from a non-legit dealership unless you have a mechanic check it out first. I took my car to the mechanic on Monday...I asked him to see why I am smelling gas every once in awhile when I drive and check out my rotor problem (I knew I had one...my car pulses when I stop). I expected to pay him for fixing my stuff and get on my way. Nope. He suggests I "don't put any more money into this car" because "it is on its last leg." Any fixes would be futile at this point...and the car is okay to drive for the moment...it's just annoying when I brake and makes terrible sounds when I back up and leaks gas out of the tube where you fill up (if I don't fill up all the way, it won't leak though). When it's due for inspection (in 8 months), he suggests I decide then whether I want to fix the laundry-list of problems with the car (I only mentioned 3, there's more...plus whatever else breaks before then), or sell it for parts and look into purchasing a new vehicle. Seriously. Total surprise to me...I do appreciate his honesty, though. And I didn't have to pay him a dime for telling me my car sucked!
Am I heartbroken about the terrible imminent demise of the car I bought a mere 4 months ago? Yes. Is buying the car something I regret? No. I fell in love with it...once I saw the car, there was no turning back for me. I would have wondered about that car forever, and probably would have been slightly disappointed with the ugly gold Ford Taurus that was the second car choice. Although that car wouldn't be giving me so many problems so soon. But it would have a more expensive insurance policy. There's no way to win with buying cars, it seems.
I learned a lesson about car buying the hard way and paid for it. Oh well, the world has not ended, and luckily I am able to work 3 weeks longer this summer than last summer at GE, which breaks me even on the amount I paid for the car. So something went kind of right? Ish? Maybe I'll have a car to trade in when/if I buy another one? Buying this car on a whim, however, was definitely an epic fail. Not doing that again. Now I know :-)
God is good.
A Lighter Soul
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment