Last night, after waiting outside in the cold for the bus for 50 minutes, ice skating, going out to the Darkhorse with my favorite classmates, and coming back and watching the 3rd Harry Potter for a bit, I didn't get to sleep last night until about 3am (after having woken up at 7am on Friday). So I was tired. And when I went to sleep I was ever so thankful that today was Saturday...and I had absolutely no plans for the day. I use the words "no plans" very loosely, because I have absolutely no food in my apartment, my bedroom is a mess, homework has to get done, and I am in serious need of attacking that gigantic laundry pile. Nevertheless, I made the decision not to set an alarm today. Sabbath, after all, is Biblical, and very important for refreshing after a long week of the insanity that is grad school.
So I woke up naturally, and decided to roll over and just rest for awhile. It felt like I was there, half-awake and half-asleep for about an hour. The sun shining on my face, I was finally ready to get up. I looked over at the clock. 10am. Ten. AM. I had only been asleep for 7 hours (less than that if you count the fact that I was awake well before that). I think my body has officially rejected the option of sleeping for more than 6 hours a night. Wonderful.
Time to get started on that laundry :-).
Also, last night it was decided that I will be hitching a ride up to Erie either the first or second weekend in February. Erie-ites, be ready. Although there's not a whole lot I can do in a single weekend. And I won't have my own car up there. Either way, it shall be good.
A Lighter Soul
11 years ago
3 comments:
Make it the second weekend! We will be out of town the first.
I'm sorry you couldn't sleep in! We slept in until 10:45 this morning - yay!
And, what is the Darkhorse?
Maybe we'll have enough snow for sledding this time!
Darkhorse = a bar in state college where a lot of engineering grad students hang out. I guess that was confusing. They had a band that was pretty cool :-) And there's an engineering band that plays there regularly, not last night though.
I don't get to choose which weekend it is since I am not the originator of the trip. My partner in crime needs to see his familia, and it will depend on what works well for him and his fam. I'm just along for the ride. But it would be cool to get to see you if we come the second weekend! Maybe sledding! Yay!
Post a Comment