Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday ponderings

A few unrelated thoughts:

Watching very drunken people on my wait for the bus to get back home last night (at approximately 6pm, mind you), was incredibly entertaining. I don't particularly support creating a made-up holiday for the sole purpose of drinking for 24-hours straight, but my 20-minute wait for the bus (it was late, of course, because a million non-penn-staters decided to come here and clutter our roads with their cars this weekend...) was lots more fun than it normally would have been. The drunken people were happy to talk to me. I saw someone dressed up as Gumby walk by. The other girl waiting for the bus with me got a hug from a stranger.

He told me he lucked out. I think I lucked out more.

Last night, I went to the International Competition of Collegiate A Capella. So good. Lots of really awesome groups singing beautifully.

Today I will spend the entire day working on my convection take-home exam, that I should have been working on the past 4 days. I hope it's not too hard...

At approximately 8:30pm on Friday, I will be boarding a bus to New York City with 3 other engineering grad students (and we will be meeting 4 others there who got a noon bus). I am pumped. The week that follows that weekend will be spring break. All of us are staying in town to work on our research (at the request of our advisers...), but we will not have homework to do. It will be a good week...makes me excited for summer. I quite enjoy my new friends. I also quite enjoy state college.

3 comments:

Sky said...

Have fun in NYC! I'm glad you are having good times at grad school :-)

M said...

I'm glad things are going well for you, Molly!!! I miss you! And yes, I do need to come visit sometime soon. I cannot come when Aeriale is because I will just be returning from the west coast and will most likely be jet lagging ha. But let me know a weekend where you aren't insanely bogged down with work and everything (does that exist?? ha) and we will work something out!!!

Amanda Wood said...

I'm glad things are going well now Moll Moll! Have fun in NYC. Can't wait til we can get together again! :)