Thursday, February 10, 2011

Patience...

I lack it. The patience virtue seems to have passed me by.

Currently I am waiting for the temperature in a certain part of my wind tunnel to reach a very low temperature (-70 Celsius), by controlling the temperature of ANOTHER part of the tunnel. It's definitely a lesson in patience. If I make it too cold too quickly, things will go badly, and the temperatures I am looking to lower might actually RISE (it makes sense...just trust me on this one...). If I go too slowly...well...I can't sit here for 10 hours waiting for this thing.

And so I play the game. I sit and wait...decide that the temperature is decreasing too slowly...and then turn up the liquid nitrogen nozzle to increase the liquid nitrogen that goes into my tunnel. Oops, too much, turn it down. Oops, too little. Now I'm back at room temperature...crap. Start again. Eventually I will get to where I need to be (last night it took 2 hours...I'm hoping for 1 hour today). But for now, I am waiting.

How much of a metaphor is that for almost everything in my life? I think I'm waiting too long for something, so I decide to take some action...which ends up messing everything up. There are so many stories that follow that exact storyline.

I could be super profound right now and quote some Bible and book verses, but I am technically working right now. If you have any, feel free to chime in :-)

In what ways are you impatient? I'll continue this post the next time I'm blogging while NOT at work...

Erie tomorrow!

:-)

1 comment:

Sky said...

That does not sound like a fun time. Or a fun temperature.

I'm impatient for babies!

I hope we get to see you this weekend :-)