1. Walking down a dark path at night and seeing the most fireflies I have ever seen, ever! Everywhere I looked was sparkly. It is one of the boy's favorite summer spots.
2. Visiting family in Sandusky, Ohio! We rode tandem bicycles and skipped rocks by the waterside.
4. 4th of July fireworks in State College. Apparently it has the 3rd largest 4th of July show in AMERICA. And it was awesome!
6. Salsa dancing lessons with Liz on Mondays! We are getting pretty awesome.
7. Going to a wedding with the boy last weekend. Meeting a lot of his undergrad friends was a fun time. And dancing, dancing was fun. I like to dance at weddings.
8. Bible studies on Wednesdays. I am really thankful for my new church family, they're pretty excellent. And sometimes nerdy, like me. Today after church we talked about the physics of superman's flight.
9. Experiencing my very first Arts Fest this weekend. I bought a pretty dress! And I got to see the university's president (Graham Spanier) play the washboard as part of a band on Friday night! How often does that happen?
10. Riding my bike to work every day. I can feel myself getting more and more in shape because it isn't as much of an effort to climb those hills anymore. And instead of being a workout, it's a fun way to get to work. And the ride is only 15 minutes, which is faster than the bus. And I don't have to stress out at the end of the day if it's getting close to the time the bus leaves and I haven't quite finished my work yet. I can take those extra 10 minutes if I need them, instead of rushing to catch my bus, or waiting 40 minutes for the next one. It's nice.
I am sad that the summer is quickly closing, however. This time last year, I was looking at the very end of my internship (I worked until July 30, only 13 days from now). I think this summer will be a slight bit longer because I won't be moving my life hundreds of miles, but we are approaching the school year again pretty quickly. Which means homework. Ugh. But my classes will be easier than they were last year (no fluids!), and I have kind of adjusted to the swing of grad school life. It won't be quite as much of a slap in the face as it was last fall. So I'm looking forward to it. Kind of. I don't want to give up my summer though.
1 comment:
Sounds like an excellent summer! I've got to start riding my bike more again.
Post a Comment