Monday, September 26, 2011

September

It's been a month since I've posted...whoops.  I guess that means school has started, and life is getting busy again!  Actually, it hasn't gotten too busy (I am, in fact, writing a blog post on a Monday night...).  Life has been super grand.  My classes are super easy.  Basically the transition between summer to school year means that I have an excuse in the middle of the day to leave the lab to go to class.  And I spend about 2 hours a week doing homework.  I love it.  

That being said, I have to write a paper for a conference that's due at the end of October for work.  And we haven't done any of the experiments yet.  And the PIV laser we have to use to take the data is broken and sent back to the company to be fixed last week.  It's not looking good, and life is about to get super busy. But at the end of October it will be back to regular busy.  So that's good. 

This weekend, I was able to go to Erie, because my friend Jeanette was having a baby shower.  Jeanette got married 2 years ago, and is expecting her first little baby girl in November.  She was one of my best friends at dance.  When I was a mere high-schooler and she was a college student, we spent every Saturday together, teaching 4-year-olds how to use their tap shoes (without making them cry), practicing our own ballet routines, and eating chicken tenders from Sabo's.  It's weird to think how grown up we are now. 

She was a pretty bride!        

After the baby shower, I went to the boy's house in harborcreek (he joined me on the trip home...sorta...we drove separately).  We picked grapes in Northeast at his uncle's vineyard.  They were so delicious!  The whole town of Northeast smells like grape.  It's ridiculous.  I never knew how many grapes were there until this weekend.  We also went out with his parents for a birthday dinner for him, then bought some wine and cheese at the wine-fest in Northeast and watched a movie.  

Mmmmmm.  Fresh grapes. 
 It was the most relaxing Erie weekend I've had in awhile, mostly because I usually spend my time trying to see everybody I know there.  This was much more laid-back.  On Sunday morning I went to church and had brunch with my family, and then headed back to State College.  That being said, I miss all of you Erie folk that I didn't get to see this time around.  Come visit me!  I have the most delicious orange juice in the world!   

How was your September? 


2 comments:

Amanda Wood said...

Moll Moll you're so cute! I'd love to visit but we need a job first :/! Still love you!

Deg said...

You DO have the most delicious OJ in the world! And Route 8 is such a nice drive in the Fall.