No matter how many times I fly (last year between March and August I flew to and from 4 different destinations, one of those trips had 3 layovers, one of those trips I was completely on my own), I always get super nervous and uppity the days before.
Tomorrow I am flying to Connecticut to visit the company I interviewed for 2 weeks ago. I realize that it is 1000x safer than if I were to make the 6.5 hour drive alone. I mean, other drivers are unpredictable...and at least in an airplane there aren't thousands of other airplanes within a few feet of yours. There's just something unnerving about hurtling through the air at 500 mph 20,000 feet above ground in an aluminum tube with wings. So I would be 1000x less nervous if I was just driving myself. Not to mention the fact that between arriving at the airport an hour early, having a 2-hour layover in Philadelphia, getting a hold of my rental car and then driving half an hour to the hotel from the airport, I will be spending approximately the same amount of time traveling whether I drive or fly. But they wanted me to fly, so here I stand, plane ticket booked.
But tomorrow will be an adventure! I had a great time flying by myself last year to Virginia Tech (there's something to be said about navigating an airport by yourself, you just feel so independent and self-sufficient...plus there are Cinnabons involved!). The days leading up to travel are just, for me, a nerve-wracking few days.
1 comment:
I love traveling and flying. It's just amazing to FLY! The hassles can be a bit annoying-- just be sure to take some good books or podcasts or something.
Post a Comment