Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Get a job, son

I really really hate career fairs.  Like, they are much too stressful for me.  Dressing up, talking to people, fake smiling, printing resumes, trying to impress employers, trying to decide which employers to talk to, trying to FIND the employers in a sea of booths, waiting in line, and being downtrodden when they just tell me to "apply online" are all things I could do without.  I would much rather somebody just handed me a random job off the street.  Wouldn't we all, though?  Although, I did turn down that job in Connecticut, which was basically handed to me off the street.  But it wasn't an ideal job.  Or location.  Or working atmosphere.  Um.  I don't know what I'm doing with the rest of my life.  

On the upside, most of the employers that looked interesting that will be at the engineering career fair tomorrow are located in Pittsburgh.  I think I like Pittsburgh.  And a few in DC.  I think I might like DC. 

When did I get so old? 

1 comment:

Sky said...

Career fairs don't sound like a barrel of fun. Pittsburgh is close, but I wouldn't want to live there - too many crazy roads. I've only been to DC once; it was all right. I hope you find exactly what you're looking for!