And today, I did! For the first time since probably October, when it started getting icky and cold. Because today (and yesterday, and it's supposed to be until Saturday) it was BEAUTIFUL and in the 60's! And since it's daylight savings time, it doesn't get dark until after 7, which means that I can get home before it gets dark. I hate riding my bike in the dark, the little light I have doesn't illuminate the path very well at all and I feel like I'm going to run into a tree or get attacked by a bear on my way home. I should just buy a new light, but really, it gives me an excuse to go home at a reasonable hour.
| It isn't quite as clean as this anymore. And now the seat is at the proper height and I have lights! |
I love my bike. Best money I've ever spent. I was nervous about spending so much money on it at first (usually my theory is to buy the cheapest thing possible, but I figured if I'd be putting it to good use then it would be best not to have it rust and fall apart after a few months), but it has more than paid for itself by saving me gas money and bus token money and parking money. It shifts beautifully. I can turn the shocks on and off, depending on whether or not I'm riding on the road or over a mountain path. And there's no better way to wake up in the morning than by having wind whip past your face as you careen down a treacherous hill and weave in and out of people walking their dogs!
I do need a bell. I'm getting tired of yelling to people that I'm behind them.
What's your favorite way to get to work in the morning?
No comments:
Post a Comment