Thursday, October 4, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like...fall!

A beautiful tree on my walk into work this morning.  Colors shamelessly enhanced by Instagram. 
Fall has always been my favorite season, and October my favorite month.  It's beautiful, crisp, and there's nothing I love more than hot apple cider and pumpkin flavored EVERYTHING!  

It's rather unfortunate that this year it is coupled with a huge sense of anxiety.  The first day of October sent a wave of terror across my entire existence.  Thesis is due to my sponsors and faculty reader in 2 weeks, if I'm going to get this done on time for the mid-November final deadline.  In a month I will start my new job, and new jobs are always scary.  Plus I am flying on an airplane in 2 weeks to go to my cousin's wedding in CA, which tends to stress me out.  I am spending all of my time inside working, but I just want to go outside and play!  

Ironic, that about this time last year, I was remarking on how I would no longer associate fall with the start of classes and it would be that much better this year!  Oops.  Next fall.  Next fall I won't have classes AND I won't be finishing a master's thesis.  

But in the meantime, I am enjoying the fall leaves.  Penn State is beautiful this time of year.  :-). 

No comments: