I've realized recently that my posts have been very kind of politically-based and un-personal. That reason has probably been 2-fold:
1. I have had a lot of pent-up beliefs about politics that I try reeeeeeeally hard not to post about in other venues [read: facebook] (talk to me in person about those things, okay?). But seeing so many OTHER people post about what they believe as far as politics/health care/religion/marriage/Trayvon/yada-yada and vehemently disagreeing with them (or agreeing with them, whatever) makes me feel out of the loop if I don't participate. And I think this whole discussion needs to be personal and rational, and often (mostly) it ends up with online yelling-and-screaming... which is a frustrating conversation to watch take place via social media and choose NOT to participate.
2. Time. Posting non-personal things take less effort and time on my part. I can link you to an article and rant about my feelings quite easily compared to writing a story about what happened to me while I was on vacation.
Anyway, that's that. I plan to stop that dangerous (and boring...none of you actually wants to read about that politics stuff, right?) path and switch back to life-related stories. My life can be interesting sometimes. Maybe.
So, more cat stories?
But right now I'm at work. And also blogging. Whoops. Talk to you later.
A Lighter Soul
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment