Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Bubble

This.  Very yes.  

"But I also believe the first step toward establishing the groundwork for a vibrant, relevant cultural movement based on scriptural thought is to stop producing “Christian films” or “Christian music” or “Christian art” and simply have Christ-followers who create great Art."

For the full article, read below:
http://www.relevantmagazine.com/culture/film/features/23250-why-are-christian-movies-so-bad

Real life is messy, and Christian movies (or music, or art) gives us a censored, lovey-dovey, UNTRUE portrayal of reality.  The lessons are usually incredibly watered-down and un-challenging.  How is this helpful?  Bleck.  Boring, boring, boring.  

"Violence is almost non-existent, salty language never happens, unmarried people never struggle with lust and evil is never very bad, because showing various forms of sin is not allowed. "

So, just something to think about.  There are a few people in my life who recently have been mentioning (and asking me if I have watched) several movies that are classified as "Christian" movies, and it super turns me off to even start that conversation.  Maybe I am unnecessarily bitter about them, but seriously, let's be honest -- they're not good.  The production value alone is generally too appalling for me to get past the first 10 minutes.  

~~~~
Also, I am having internal issues with my need for things I post/edit/produce to be pretty and the difficulty that blogger makes it.  Sorry for the first line being tiny and a different font than everything else...I have no idea how to make it match.  I also wish I could play with my margins on the quotes, but I don't think I have margin-control.  

I'd switch platforms if that wasn't a huge hassle.  
~~~~

No comments: