I haven't posted in awhile, and that's because I have a roommate! We get along extremely well, considering how different we are. Pretty much take me and mold my polar opposite. I have blonde-ish hair? Hers is dark, dark brown. I'm a Christian? She's Jewish. I have 23429038 guy friends? She's in a sorority. All of these things would seemingly separate us, but actually give us lots and lots to talk about. We both enjoy laughter, and kids movies (we watched Igor and Chicken Run together on Saturday), and garage-sale shopping, and ice cream, and puzzles (we put together a puzzle and hung it up on our wall the other day), and exploring the unfamiliar town we're both in, and community service, and taking pictures, and popscicles, and not spending all of our time in the apartment. We've talked about going to festivals that are in the immediate area this summer (quilt festival or bluegrass festival, anyone?) and the Saturday market that starts this week and runs all summer long. We even made a calendar about our plans. It's been fun. Oh, and we both dislike WhiteCastle. Gross.
I am excited for the 3rd roommate to come in two weeks. She is bringing a puppy!!! And wants to go to church with me! I checked out my co-worker's church this past weekend, and it was quite excellent. Doesn't appear to be many people my age there, though, which I was hoping to be able to find. We'll see what God brings for the rest of the summer, I'm excited for it :-)
I still haven't done too well with integrating into the intern culture. There's a lot of sports/soccer/wing eating/drinking happening with the ones that I work with (and therefore know the best), so hanging out outside of work doesn't happen too often. But it's only been a week. There are 270 of us, chances are I will find a group that I fit in with in the next few weeks, and perhaps be a good witness to them (and my current co-workers as well). I've joined a sand volleyball team for the summer, so we'll see how that goes. My sports skills are mediocre, but I'm banking on the fact that my teammates/opponents haven't spent as much time on the beach as I have. I'll keep you updated :-)
A Lighter Soul
11 years ago
3 comments:
Molly! I'm so, so glad that this summer is working out for you! I've been meaning to get a hold of you for a while, but right now my life is barely holding together. Too many up-in-the-air moments that I would generally take full advantage of, but this time it's different. I miss you so much, and... I love White Castle ;) Haha. Live every moment to it's fullest <3
Molly that sounds like so much fun!
Yay for the puppy too :-)
I hope you have an awesome summer!
Haha MollMoll I'm glad you are having a good summer so far and making the best of it. I will continue to be praying for you to have a great summer and to get involved in a great church!
I'd totally be up for a quilt festival if it were closer!
Post a Comment