I posted about a week ago how much I loved driving long distances. I still do, but it's tiring, and I'm not particularly looking forward to driving 5 hours 39 minutes after work tomorrow. This is the 3rd weekend in a row that I've taken a more than 3 hour road trip by myself. Just in case you were counting, before moving to Columbus, I had never driven more than an hour by myself in the car...I always either had a passenger or I was the passenger. Just so you know :-) The longest road trip I had driven altogether was visiting Brad Sick the summer after freshman year with Ashley Loker, and that was 3 hours long (I also had a passenger, and hated that drive home). These road trips are astonishing and out-of-character for me. But so much fun. Just exhausting. All I got to do is get through this weekend and I'll be set for awhile.
I guess I can partially attribute the roadtrippiness to the fact that my new car is AWESOME. I am in love with the Buick. It's made for the highway, and other than the minor bumpiness because my tires are unbalanced, it's the smoothest and quietest ride in the comfiest seat ever. Once I steal those brand new tires off the Olds when I get back home, it will be perfect. God is good.
A Lighter Soul
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment