Thursday, July 29, 2010

Competitive Attitude

On Monday at work (disclaimer: some/a lot of paraphrasing is included):

Coworker: So which internship did you like better, last summer's at GE or this one?
Me: Uh, well last summer they let me drive a train and press buttons and stuff.
Coworker: If we let you push more buttons this week, would you say you liked this one better?
Me: Maybe?

(side note: I was IN LOVE with my job last summer)

Today at work:

My manager: I got a truck from Oly, want to take it on the test track? (Oly is what we call the plant 5 miles down the road where they test some Dodge Rams, the trucks our group's engines go into)
Me: Yes!

...so this afternoon my group drove out to the test track and each took a turn driving the truck. It was awesome. There was no purpose other than to have some fun at work.

I do love my coworkers, they're the greatest.

2 comments:

Deg said...

Cool story! I could totally see you driving a huge truck!

Amanda Wood said...

That's pretty awesome!