Sunday, August 22, 2010

Old and new

This weekend, one of my best friends from freshman and sophomore years got married. It was a very good wedding. I got to see some old friends and make some new ones. And two people promised themselves to one another and to God. It was beautiful.

Tonight I spent some time with my neighbors. When I say neighbors, I mean the only neighbors I know of, which is the home of Nick and Chad, two of my close friends from Behrend. The three of us and their roommate cooked dinner and chatted. It's really good to have a small hint of familiarity within a campus of hugeness and intimidation. I am grateful for them. We even held hands around the dinner table and prayed, and then joked about being a family and getting a portrait to hang on the wall while wearing flannel.

I miss my Behrend family. But I'm glad I have a little piece of it here with me. And I'm excited about expanding my family as well :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, your blog post almost made me cry... but I am very happy for you, Molly, that you have some of your good friends down at UP with you :) Enjoy the time spent with them!