Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A tribute...

...to summer friends. My summer in Indiana would have been uneventful without them. This is who they are. We all come from different schools, different places, and different backgrounds. It was a sweet combination.

Sarah (Carnegie Mellon) - My roomie and first new friend. She and I put together a calendar of awesome summer events our very first day together, and never stopped having fun the whole 9 weeks we lived together. I learned a lot about Judaism from her, and I hope I taught her a thing or two about Christianity as well. I think we were meant to be roomies this summer :-)
Barbara (Ohio State) - Second roomie who brought with her two bunnies and a dog. The most responsible pet owner I know...waking up early before work to walk the dog and taking him to doggie daycare. She has a gentle spirit and is quite awesome. She's also a very great tour giver! Sarah (Brown) (again...we never did come up with a good way to distinguish between the Sarahs) - The only other female design intern in MidRange engineering. We talked a lot about our rounds failing and the awesomeness of FloWizard. She also rowed boats on a crew team for 4 years and biked across America. I wouldn't want to get on her bad side, she is very athletic and could easily take me down in a fight.
Graham (Rose-Hulman) - Loves Volkswagens and helped the Sarahs and I change our oil. His brother is going to be my classmate at Penn State next year. He was the only other native Pennsylvanian in our group (from York, PA), and he brought his sombrero with him whenever we went someplace new.
Arsalan (U-Illinios) - Incredibly passionate about everything he does. Loves to spark deep conversations about life, finance, service, and religion. He's also the reason we took approximately a million group pictures this summer.
Kyle (Michigan Tech) - Silent at first, but once he opens up he will love to talk to you about Minnesota, tractors, or do a dramatic reading of a book. I think he should become a professional comedian, he has so many hilarious things to say!Prosper (U-Penn) - Originally from Zimbabwe, studying abroad in America for his college years. He once accused us: "Do you think I like elephants because I'm African?" We had fun teaching him lots about American culture.Todd (Ohio State) - Or Jewish Todd, as I was introduced to him. He's an Ohio Stater and I try not to hold it against him. He loves barbecue, and his license plate says "Over EZ." Not to be confused with "ovaries." In the background of Todd's picture, you can also see evidence of Graham's sombrero. Good summer :-) Matt (RIT) - Has gone skydiving approximately a million times. He also jumped off the highest cliff when we went cliff jumping without hesitation. Intense. Unfortunately, this is the most intense picture I got. It truly was a memorable summer. There were also other friends who were less prevalent in my life this summer but also made it what it was. There was Rob H, who shared my table at work. Bobby, Brad, Ben, Bryan, Katey, Scott, Dan, and Jon, the HSO team I worked with all summer. There were Nate, Rob J, and Danny, the interns who shared my orientation week and numerous lunchtimes (Taco Salad Thursday!). Who would have thought that I could actually have fun in a little town in Indiana? It would have been impossible without these folks. I'll miss you, come visit me anytime.

1 comment: