Wednesday, March 9, 2011

It's up to you, New York, New York!





The engineering grad student take-over of New York City: Success. The pictures pretty much sum up our weekend.

I am currently in the center of Spring Break, and am really enjoying it. I am still in State College and working, yes, but I have no classes (and am ignoring homework). After work on Monday, I went to a mexican restaurant for burritos and margaritas. On Tuesday I went to the dollar theatre to see Unstoppable. Tonight I went to Wegmans to buy some food so I can cook for myself the rest of the week, and then watched a movie and ate ice cream in my apartment with the boy. Life is good this week. It's like I have a real job, with no homework afterwards. I could get used to this...unfortunately next week brings me back to reality and I will once again have to be working on fluids and convection homework in all of my free time.

For Lent, I am planning on being more deliberate about my morning devotionals. I've slacked a bit the past few weeks, and need a more solid schedule. Instead of doing something silly like giving up chocolate for the sake of giving up chocolate, I'm going to be proactive with my Lenten goals. It's supposed to be a time to draw nearer to the Lord...and I will try to do just that. This morning I went to Mass at 7am; it was a pretty great start to my day and to Lent as a whole. Tomorrow I'll get up just as early to spend some solid time with the Lord in His word and in prayer. It'll be the best Lent ever!

7 comments:

Amanda Wood said...

the boy????? Does that mean what I think it means? Although I don't participate in Lent, I think having better morning devotions is a good thing. YAY!

Moll moll said...

Lent (like everything, really) can be pointless if done improperly, and incredibly powerful and awesome if done properly. It's unfortunate that most people completely forget that the point isn't to give up something for the sake of torturing yourself, but for the sake of being able to focus more on God. I plan to get closer to God :-)

And yes, I have a boy :-)

Amanda Wood said...

EEK! Exciting, so when do we get to meet him? (Yes, I know that was already supposed to happen, gr, blasted business) But, that weekend one of our youth group kids accepted Christ so YAY!

Moll moll said...

Yay for youth group kids accepting Christ!

I think you two should come visit and meet him then, since my Erie visits tend to be overwhelmingly busy. And we can eat ice cream and go to the waffle shop. I do have the most comfortable couch in the world...just saying :-)

Amanda Wood said...

Haha when are you done at state college for the summer? It probably wouldn't be til May or June :(. So busy lately.

Moll moll said...

I stay here until I graduate...May 2012. So if you want to visit this summer, I'll be here :-). I understand, life's busy here too.

Amanda Wood said...

Yay hopefully this summer we can visit :)