Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Relay for Life

And now for a shameless plug:

I am participating in Relay for Life here at Penn State in 3 weeks. It raises money for the American Cancer Society, which is a cause that is very close, almost everybody. I've lost 2 grandpas to cancer, I've watched 2 friends battle cancer, I've watched a coworker battle cancer, and I have a handful of close friends whose parents or other family members are currently battling cancer. That's a surprisingly large number of people in just my life that have been closely affected by a disease that harms so many.


As readers of my blog, I ask you to prayerfully consider donating to this cause. Here is a link to the page:

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11PA?px=12452334&pg=personal&fr_id=30825

I hope that link works, but if it doesn't, let me know.

Even a very small donation would be a big help :-)

Thanks guys!

Here's a pretty picture from one of the other Relay for Life's I have participated in (July 2008, picture taken by me at sunrise):

No comments: