Monday, April 4, 2011

Random thoughts

I love dance. The thrill of the pre-show excitement is getting to me. Tonight we had practice with everyone for the entire show, and on Wednesday we will have a full dress rehearsal. Friday and Sunday are our shows! I am SO EXCITED to wear that tutu on Wednesday. You have no idea. Last semester I wore a leotard and shorts for my dance...not as much fun as a tutu. Seriously. Tutus rock.
You never realize how much something becomes part of your routine until it's not there anymore. Dave lost his cell phone last week (and it stayed lost for an entire week), and never before then had I realized how often I texted him (and received texts from him). It was strange, I'd go to check my phone and have no message (apparently, not many other people text me...). Which also meant that as the week progressed, I checked my phone less and less often, reverting back to my being terrible at owning a phone ways. Any of you that know me at all know I almost never answer the phone on the first try. Or sometimes the second. Sorry about that.
A quote : "The biggest change associated with the transition from [graduate school] to working life was the abundance of free time. Being a dedicated student can represent an 80-hour per week commitment (or more). My newly-minted engineering position required 37.5 hours per week. That gave me roughly 40 hours of time - about 33% of my waking time. What to do with all those minutes?" - James Berardinelli
We are on the final stretch of the semester. It only gets better from here. In the summer, I will convert to a full-time worker instead of a full-time worker + full-time student. And then the following two semesters will be 100% easier than my first two, mostly because I can take a few 400-level classes instead of all 500-level, AND I will be DONE WITH FLUIDS!!!! The combination of fluids 1 followed by fluids 2 was exhausting. I am ready to be done with the 38%'s on tests and spending 20 hours a week on one homework assignment (without even finishing). So ready.

This weekend is not only my dance recital, but ALSO relay for life! If you'd like to still make a donation (even a very small one, any little bit helps), then see my previous post :-). I will be walking the sunrise shift. Excited!

I quite enjoy my friends. The engineering grad student ones are fantastic, and spending the weekend at Relay with them will be excellent. But I wish I saw the non-engineering ones more often. I ran into an old friend from high school on Sunday in the library, and it made me realize how much I miss her. Seriously. There are a lot of people in my life that are so close here, and yet I never get to see them. I need to try to make an effort to see people not immediately in my circle of regular people I see.
I'd also like to get to know my roommates more. They are quite awesome as well.

Those are my random thoughts from the past few weeks of non-blogging. Sorry about that guys, the semester's kicking into its final crazy mode. But that's okay, because while the work is hard and sometimes frustrating and long, my life is still wonderful. I am surrounded by great people and an awesome God who loves me more than I ever deserved. That's all I need. :-)

Also, I can't figure out how to get all of the typing into one size. Blogger is silly like that sometimes... so for now the first half of this post is smaller than the second. Whatever.

No comments: