Sunday, May 22, 2011

Summertime...

...Is excellent! Today I rode my bike, worked out with the boy, ate some creamery ice cream, saw some baby duckies, rode my bike some more (it still destroys me, but I am getting better), went grocery shopping, bought some cleats for the ultimate frisbee league I joined, and watched a movie with some friends. Tomorrow will be more of the same probably. And next weekend, I drive out of town for a wedding! Whooo!

On another note, it was exactly one year ago today that I first laid eyes on my new apartment for the summer in Columbus, IN. Weird. It was a frightening weekend this time last year. My roommate from last summer moved in this past weekend to her place, and I'm not there to spend the summer with her. Makes me a little bit nostalgic. Which makes absolutely no sense, because you know, I was NOT a happy camper on this day last year. I was the first of my roommates to move in (I lived there alone for an entire week), in a new, unfamiliar, frightingly small town 8 hours away from home. At the moment my dad left after moving me in, I was utterly alone and scared. But yet, I miss it. Strange, huh?

1 comment:

Sky said...

I saw some ducklings at the zoo, and now I know why you were going crazy over the ones you saw. They're adorable! I wanted to take them home with me!