Today, a Saturday, I spent a few hours at work spray-painting like the good old days. Except instead of tap shoes, I was painting my test plate for my experiments. I hadn't even thought about my days of spray-painting Saturdays until this morning when I picked up the spray can for the first time since then. I had fun with it. It helped me to remember the days of excitement and preparation for that "big show"...
So much stress. So much practice. So many sore feet.
So many costume changes. So much makeup, hairspray, and glitter.


Most of my close friends from those times have moved on to other things like I have. But a few have stayed at that studio as instructors, and some of the younger girls from when I was around are just reaching their peak moments to shine. Their "big show" is next weekend. Good luck guys. I am sad I can't be there, but I know you will all be great! I hope you got all of your spray-painting finished today :-). I certainly did!
1 comment:
Aww, yay for memories! Those are cute pictures :-)
Post a Comment