Because, who doesn't love a good cat video?
It will give me much more time to reflect on my Savior, which is what Lent is all about...spending time in fasting and prayer so that what's really important (hint: not facebook) becomes more clear. It's one Catholic tradition that I think is really really good, for that reason. Sure, it gets a bad reputation because it's been commercialized and stretched to mean more than its original intention, but what hasn't? Easter bunny, anyone? If done properly and with piety, humility, and reflection, Lent can be the most powerful time of the year. I'm stoked.
Not to be overdosing on the wikipedia links, but I am also excited to reflect on the stations of the cross. Devotions for the stations are held every Friday on campus during Lent. Awesome -- and I don't have class this year at that time! To all my non-Catholic friends, go to a stations of the cross devotion at least once sometime soon. They're good. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment