Sunday, February 26, 2012

New friends

On Friday night, boy and I got the opportunity to eat dinner with a friend from church, and a new friend of this friend at her house (is that confusing enough for you?  I try not to use names too much in this blog, but sometimes its hard to follow...).  This new friend is the big boss lady of one of the places in State College at which I have applied and interviewed for a job.  Was I nervous going into this dinner?  You betcha.  I expected to meet a typical high-powered business woman, who would be semi-interviewing myself and Dave to determine if we would be worthwhile employees at her research lab.  Instead, I met an extremely vibrant, energetic, hilarious, Christian woman who had a kitten.  She decided (on a whim, that night) to buy a Wii so that the 4 of us could play Mario Kart after dinner.  She told good stories, including one that involved how God gave her that (beautiful) house that she lived in.  She swore a lot.  She wasn't very good at Mario Kart.  She had a full-scale bar in her basement.  She gave us steak for dinner.  She recently bought a corvette and named it Frank.  Frank was pretty. 

She has been blessed financially in her life, and her goal is to use those resources to heap God's grace on those that she meets.  It was refreshing. 

1 comment:

Sky said...

How awesome! Sounds like a very fun time indeed :-)