Saturday, April 7, 2012

Fighter jets, kittens, and other stories

This week I went to an on-site interview with Navair, the Navy's aircraft research and testing facility.  The interview was on a Navy base in southern Maryland.  Because it was at a Navy base, there were just lots of fighter jets just kind of chilling out and flying around for testing.  At one point when we were on a tour we saw a few F-18s take off and fly around, and during my interview (outside at a picnic table...really laid-back), we saw an F-35 take off (it was LOUD...we had to pause the interview for a minute so it could fly by).  Here's a fun youtube video of the F-35 that I got to see in person.  I felt like a kid in a candy store :-).  These planes are COOL. 


On a completely different topic, Dave and I got to pet-sit a kitten last week.  The kitten was afraid of us for 2 full days and wouldn't ever come out when we were around, but finally on Friday it decided to befriend us.  It was so cute and cuddly, I got kitty snuggles for the whole weekend :-).  

Are you looking at me?
Kitty snuggles!
Being a natural predator... abut to attack Dave's finger
 Also, yesterday I got my passport! Yayy!!

1 comment:

Sky said...

Yay for all of those things - passports rock!