Sunday, April 22, 2012

Springtime!

Yesterday, as I stood in that football stadium and swayed back and forth with my classmates singing the Penn State alma mater, I remembered.  Because the last time I did just that, I was also crying profusely (and so was the rest of the audience, to be fair).  Last time there was hurt, pain, and confusion.  This time there was joy, hope, and healing.  Winter had turned to spring.  We came together as a family, once again...to celebrate the coming of spring, a new beginning, a brighter future.  

Except that it's supposed to snow tonight.  Whatever.  Yesterday we were outside in t-shirts. 

Also, last night I went to a concert given by the Penn State Glee Club.  Oh my.  60 men wearing tuxes singing beautiful music (often sacred hymns, and a few pirate songs).  Ahhhh.  :-) 

I go to the best school.  The crazy amount of talent here astounds me. 

And also, we have a new crop of baby duckies!

How is it spring where you are?  

1 comment:

Sky said...

I don't want the snow! I do want the baby duckies though :-)