Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Job!

Today I interviewed (for real, this time...all the other times were just pretend, apparently) for the job at Applied Research Lab here at Penn State.  That job would involve me doing lots of fun research on energy systems for mostly Navy-sponsored projects.  The interviews went GREAT, the people there all seemed really nice and liked their jobs, they said afterwards that I seemed like an excellent candidate and they were looking forward to the possibility of working with me.  So there's that.  I want it.  It seems like the most exciting job in the world right now.  They said I'd hear back from them next week. 

Also, I got my first ever real person job offer today for that job that I interviewed for in Maryland a little more than a month ago!  Ahhh!  They're offering me, like, real money, and health care, and vacation time, and stuff.  So weird.  It is not the most exciting job in the world (that distinction is still held by the job mentioned in the previous paragraph), but that means that SOMEBODY WANTS TO GIVE ME A JOB!  I'm wanted!  And this is a job that I got the old-fashioned way of going to the career fair, interviewing, and not ever having anybody I knew from the inside convince them that I'm a good worker and they should hire me.  Allllll me.  And Jesus, of course...I'm sure he helped out a bit ;-).   

So hopefully, by the end of next week, I will have 2 job prospects to work with.  So exciting!  And frightening.  But also exciting!  I really can't wait to be a "real person."  My friend Liz and I were talking about some people that she worked with that were "adults," and it was funny because technically we're adults too.  But we don't feel like it.  Maybe someday soon I'll feel like an adult.  I really just need to graduate. 

1 comment:

Amanda Wood said...

Yay for job offers!