I've been in State College long enough that most of the things I do now are repeats of things I have already done. Not that they're not great things, I super love walking to the creamery on a summer night to eat ice cream while watching the sun set over the mountains. Favorite. But, I've done it. It's always so exciting to find something new.
On Sunday night, boy and I were on our way to the creamery when he suggested instead going to the top of a parking garage to see the sunset. I was game. And we went. And it was beautiful. Best view in State College. And best view OF State College. It's nice to be in a town where the tallest buildings are parking garages.
Also tonight, we drove 20 minutes out of town to a winery that had an event with one of my coworkers and her boyfriend. We tried some wine, bought a bottle and a platter of cheese, and sat outside on a blanket next to a campfire with a bunch of strangers, with a guy in the background playing songs on his guitar. I felt like such an adult, sipping my wine and eating my cheese, talking about the hydrogen turbine. And I got a free wine glass (...sort of, I paid a cover to get into the event)! And I still smell like campfire. Mmmmmm. :-)


2 comments:
Oo, sounds like fun! I love being an adult :-) Although being an adult for me right now means no wine...
I'm sure babies complicate the ability to have wine. But babies are fun too! And also very adult-ish :-)
Post a Comment