I took about 200 pictures in Copenhagen. All of the good ones are on facebook. Since a lot of you got rid of it (lameeeeeeee since it makes it so hard to share my pictures with you!), I'll post a few here :-). But not very many since the photo uploading thingy on here is clumsy and slow. If I'm going to make this more of a photo blog, I'm going to need to look more into switching venues. But anyway, that's for another day. Also, I plan on posting more specifically about the trip later this week, when I'm all caught up with work and sleep and whatnot. For now, here are some of my favorite pictures!
 |
| After 20 hours of travel and no sleep, we went into town and found some Danish beer! And also food. But I didn't take a picture of that. Check out the little candle on our table! |
 |
| Pretty fountain. This is really a beautiful city. |
 |
| Canals in the city. |
 |
| My lab group. We got to travel together and bond over discovering Copenhagen and gas turbine engines and stuff. |
 |
| One of the perks of being a woman in engineering? They feel bad about all the past discrimination and send you to a palace for dinner on one of the conference nights! |
 |
| There was an unbelievable number of bikes. Such a bike friendly town! It made me wish I had brought mine. |
 |
| At Tivoli Gardens...2nd oldest amusement park in the world, and is said to have given Walt Disney the inspiration for Disney World. Such a cool place. And there's a bird flying through the picture! |
 |
| Orange juice. But in Danish, the word for "orange juice" is "appelsinjuice". Not confusing at all. |
 |
| The Little Mermaid statue from behind. I saw her from a boat, so I didn't see any more of her or her tail or anything. Which is probably good, since it kept this picture G-rated. |
1 comment:
How awesomely awesome! Traveling is amazing, especially in Europe, in my opinion. Thanks for sharing pictures with us non-facebookers! I'm so glad you had fun and got to have dinner in a palace :-) Copenhagen looks like a fabulous place to visit.
Post a Comment