Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter grass is not for eating

Here's a fun cat story:

Last night, when I got home from spending the weekend in Erie, I unpacked my stuff.  Included in my unpacking were a few strands of Easter grass that had gotten in there.  I dangled one strand in front of the cat, and then let him play with it on his own.

Turned my back for a few minutes while I finished unpacking.

Went back to the cat.  The Easter grass was nowhere to be found, but he was chewing on something.  Greeeeeeat.  Couldn't get whatever it was out of his mouth (he is stubborn.  And his teeth are sharp!)...sooooo...it appears he ended up swallowing the strand of Easter grass.  Oops.  I am such a bad cat parent.

Then later that night he vomited twice and seemed generally uninterested in eating his dinner.  Easter grass can't be a fun thing to swallow.

But he was happy to play with me after he vomited the second time, so I figured he was feeling much better. No need to take him to the vet.

I haven't seen the Easter grass yet, though.  Hopefully I don't have to pull a strand of Easter grass out of his butt in a couple days...

Here are some cute pictures of him from the past few months.






No comments: