Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Spring!

IT IS WARM!  Tomorrow, it is supposed to be 78°F (!).  Yesterday and the day before, I turned off the heat in my apartment and opened the windows!  The cat is having fun discovering all of the birds and squirrels in my front yard.  He also meows at them, which I feel like isn't a very good hunting instinct.  Doesn't that warn the birds that you're coming?  That's why he's an indoor cat, I suppose.  He doesn't have to hunt his food here.

He also ate one of my plants.  Like, ate almost the whole thing, in the 4 hours between lunchtime and when I came home from work.  Grr, cat.  You're supposed to be a carnivore!  Why are you eating my houseplants??!??

Hopefully, this is the last month I'll see a $200 electricity bill for awhile (and for the record, I kept my tiny apartment at 60°F all winter...not exactly toasty).  Seriously.  Ouch.  I am sooooo done with electric baseboard heating.  Least efficient thing ever.  As a person who knows a lot about heat transfer and how it works, the simple fact that electric baseboard heating EXISTS is kind of frustrating to me.  If I ever buy a house, it will be gas-heated.  Or in the south.

Warm weather means that after work, instead of staying at home snuggling with the cat, eating food, and watching TV (not very productive), I can do things like go for walks, ride my bike, or play Ultimate Frisbee!  Also, eat ice cream.

Either way, my laundry still doesn't get folded.  I am not cut out ever to be a maid.  Or even a homemaker.  Or really, an adult.  Why do I need to be an adult?  I just want to go ride my bike!!

Time to discover how out-of-shape I really became while loafing about all winter long.  And it was a long winter.  I probably am not yet in shape enough to ride my bike (3 miles) to work without having a sweaty heart attack upon arrival.  And I am pretty sure playing Ultimate right now would be asking for an asthma attack.

No comments: