Friday, April 5, 2013

Logic

It is perfectly logical that I have to show my ID when I buy Nyquil to prove I'm 18, but any random 10-year-old off the street can buy morning-after pills without her parents' permission (NO PARENTAL PERMISSION!).

It's also perfectly logical that the argument for legalizing marijuana is that black-markets will always exist and you're wasting money and energy by creating criminals out of otherwise normal citizens, but banning guns/high-capacity magazines will somehow not have the same black-market-criminalizing-good-people effect.

There are so many others.  But I hate political rants, so I'll stop here.  No political party is consistent.  Ever.  They're all just crazies trying to get people to agree with them under any circumstances.

Goodness.

3 comments:

Amanda D. said...

Just want to make a quick clarification - the morning after pill is NOT abortion. It actually prevents fertilization from happening.

Amanda D. said...

Just want to make a quick clarification - the morning after pill is NOT abortion. It actually prevents fertilization from ever happening.

Moll moll said...

Thanks Manders. I've heard so many conflicting things about this pill that I really am no more educated than anybody else, and I realize I should be (and will be before I potentially have daughters ... what a frightening thought). I've edited the post to remove the word "abortion", and will continue to do more research on it :-). And actually, if you have any info you can send me to get me more educated, please do!

I was under the impression, though, that they wouldn't need parental consent to get these pills over-the-counter. Is that true? I realize you're my resident expert and I should have been asking you these questions in the first place.

If so, that's still really scary, as a potential-future-parent.