Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Senior Design...um...Senior Design

It's only 3 days into class, and senior design is well underway. Our group had a project all settled (or at least we believed), until our contact people failed to contact us. Soo trying to get information about a project from people who won't talk to you is difficult, and I casually mentioned that at work this past Friday to one of my co-workers via email. Did I mention that I worked with the greatest people ever at GE this summer?? He took what I said, told another person I had worked with this summer, and he is now looking into a project for us to do in the wind turbine division. How awesome is that? I didn't even ask for any help from them, honestly, and I have no idea what we would be doing if it wasn't for these amazing people.

Hopefully the project will be a doable one. And exciting. I like wind turbines.

We also accumulated another senior design group member, so there will be 5 of us total. The last person is a co-op at GE from University Park, and is only taking the first semester of the course. But this means we have one extra person to help out first semester!! AND he will have the constant ability to get into the GE plant unplanned (whereas the rest of us will have to make appointments in order to visit) and talk with the people who are sponsoring our project on a regular basis. The down side is losing him when the real crunch time comes, but it will work out for the better.

We are the only group of 5.

While I am still struggling with getting the details of this project figured out, and still not quite into the idea of being back at school, God has given me so much to be thankful for :-)

No comments: