Classes start tomorrow, and I am already incredibly stressed out about it. If next semester is anything like the last, then it will be crazy busy. And I already need a break...
This past week was incredibly busy and not fun for a lot of reasons, most of which revolved around having to tell the people at GE that I couldn't stay for the semester...over and over again. I was in tears most of the times I had to say no, luckily for me most of those conversations took place via email, sametime (think AIM via GE intranet), or phone. The small amounts of in-person talking about it was me shielding myself from feeling any type of emotion so I didn't cry in front of my co-workers, which would have been not fun. I don't even know why I have been so emotional about this ... maybe I'm just tired in general and need a break and would have been emotional this week anyway.
Maybe its because I'm about to start my last year at school, and am totally unsure of what I will be doing once I graduate in 9 months. Maybe it's because I feel like I'm letting everyone down. Maybe it's because I dislike change in general, and leaving GE feels so permanent (they make you hand in your iD badge, so that you can't even get into the plant ever again). I worked 40 hours in 4 days my last week. It was intense.
I hate saying goodbye.
Sorry if none of that made sense. Class starts tomorrow, and I don't want them to.
A Lighter Soul
11 years ago
1 comment:
I had a dream last night that I have two courses to finish and forgot to get housing or schedule the courses. I'm glad I woke up.
Just take it a day at a time.
Post a Comment