Monday, July 5, 2010

On the road again...

I realized this weekend that I like driving long distances. Like, a lot. I drove from Columbus to Sandusky to Erie to Columbus (15 hours total in 4 days), and I didn't grow tired at all. I can listen to my music and ponder life, without being interrupted by other responsibilities. It's glorious. Driving through cities still scares me slightly (5 lanes of busy traffic = ahhh!), but those parts are brief. I found a new favorite song: Mercy Me Creation. Perfect song for driving.

Oh, and 4th of July weekend was good. I saw some cousins and aunts and uncles and gramma while eating a pig roasted over a grill, hung out with roomie, played with my dog, and attempted to have firework bliss with the 'ol fairview crew (almost missing the fireworks + Megan getting hit in the face with shrapnal + some grumpypants made the time less than blissful, but it was still great to see everybody again...I love every single one of those people more than anything). It was busy and totally worth the long amounts of driving.

I also went to the beach, which is even more of my favorite place than it was before leaving Erie. I miss the water and the sunsets and the sound of the waves crashing on the shore. I have decided that, when I "grow up" and settle down somewhere permanately, I want a large body of water within 20 miles from my house. They make life so much more beautiful :-)

1 comment:

Sky said...

yay for Sandusky! did you have to drive through Cleveland? I hate that.

And yes, bodies of water are for good and for awesome.

And thanks for the lovely comment you left me, but blogger errors every time I try to publish it. :-(