Sunday, October 31, 2010

Bonding.

You can learn a lot about a person by the stories they choose to share with you. The followings story is one my friend told me this weekend. It is completely paraphrased since I didn't record it or write it down, but it gives lots of insight into his character that I didn't see before. I mean, I knew he was awesome, this is why I'm friends with him, but this story showed me a different dimension to his character.

"The other day while a Steeler's football game was going on, I saw a dad outside in his driveway teaching his little daughter, who was probably about 4 years old, how to play hockey. Every other dad on the block was sitting in front of the TV watching that football game, but this dad was spending time with his little girl and teaching her how to play a sport. He has his priorities in order."

It made me smile. Dads spending time with their daughters makes me happy. The fact that my friend noticed it makes me even more happy. Most of us will be parents one day, and it's good to know that his children will be in good hands.

No comments: