Sunday, December 5, 2010

Hours, minutes, and seconds

Last week I kept track of how many hours I spent doing one of the four things I am responsible for in grad school: My teaching assistantship, my research, doing homework, and attending class. Here are the final numbers. They weren't as extremely out of proportion as I thought they would be, but there's definitely a trend towards not doing as much homework as I should.

Teaching assistantship - 9 hours. This was a slower week than normal for that, I finished all of my grading by Monday.

Research - 23.75 hours. About normal. This number will increase next semester, though.

Homework - 16.25 hours. And this includes the 6 hours I worked on my project yesterday. Between Monday and Friday I only spent 10.25 hours on homework. This is clearly not enough, considering I didn't finish my fluids homework that was due on Friday and I'm way behind on my project due next week.

Class - 5 hours. This includes the time I am actually sitting in a class. It was 1 hour 15 minutes shorter than usual because one of my classes was canceled.

Total time - 54 hours spent working. Love.

No comments: