Saturday, December 11, 2010

Together, together, together everyone

After one of those quick awkward hugs (you know, the kind where you have only known a person for a month and neither of you is really sure of the appropriate gesture for a goodbye) and a "I'll see you tomorrow," I found myself grinning ecstatically the entire 3-block walk back to the engineering building. Oh dear.

Another note: grad school is totally not survivable without a study group. But once you find one, life is good. This week has been great, because while it is every bit as busy and full of schoolwork as it always has been (even more so with finals approaching and my final conduction project kicking me in the butt), I have a group of people to struggle with. The "we're all in this together" mentality is actually very helpful. You'll note that I am writing this now as the rest of my group has already gone back home to their warm apartments. My productivity goes way down without them here with me.

We're all in this together
And it shows
When we stand
Hand in hand
Make our dreams come true

I also got to listen to beautiful worship music for an hour tonight that was sung A Capella style by a group here at Penn State. Awesome. So awesome. Life is good.

No comments: